Renown author/illustrator of The Fairy Houses Series®,
Tracy Kane, will be present to chat with fairy houses fans and sign her books.
Friends of the South End is pleased to announce that the 2014 Portsmouth Fairy House Tour will take place on September 20 and 21, 2014 11:00 am-3:00 pm on the grounds of Strawbery Banke, the Governor John Langdon House, Prescott Park and Peirce Island in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Visitors are encouraged to make note of the new times this year. The Tour occurs rain or shine.
The Portsmouth Fairy House Tour is the world’s largest fairy house tour. Now in its 10th year, the Tour features more than 100 handcrafted fairy houses made by local artists, florists, garden clubs club members, businesses, families and local school children.
Inspired by local author Tracy Kane’s Fairy Houses Series®, and produced by Friends of the South End with the assistance of Canoe Harbor Consulting, the annual Fairy House Tour attracts more than 4,000 families and fairies each year.
Tickets will go on sale this summer. Proceeds from ticket sales and sponsorships are donated to the nonprofit organizations, schools and civic groups that participate in the Tour. Since the Fairy House Tour began, more than $150,000 has been reinvested in the community.
Tracy Kane, the award-winning author and illustrator of the Fairy Houses Series® of books, which popularized fairy house building worldwide, served as the original inspiration for the Portsmouth Fairy House Tour. Back by popular demand, Tracy will be on hand both days to greet fairy fans and sign books. In addition, visitors can expect to see performances on the Prescott Park Arts Festival stage by the Southern New Hampshire Dance Theatre and in the Langdon House grove by the NH Theatre Project.
- Ticket includes entrance to Strawbery Banke and Governor John Langdon House!
- Meet Tracy Kane, author/illustrator of the multi-award winning Fairy Houses Series® of books and video.
- Excepts from “Fairy Houses–the Ballet” performed both days on the Prescott Park Arts Festival Stage
- See the magic of Tracy Kane’s book, Forest Secrets brought to life by the NH Theatre Project in the Langdon grove
- Build your own Fairy House! on Peirce Island and help create the World’s Largest Fairy Houses Village!
- The Amazing Bubble Machine!
- All within walking distance
- FREE PARKING available at Peirce Island
Children (3-12) advance $4, day of tour $5
Adults advance $10, day of tour $15
Seniors (62+) advance $8, day of tour $10
Family advance $20, day of tour N/A
Advanced tickets are now available online:
For more ticket info call Prescott Park Arts Festival at (603) 436-2848
Tickets are also available at the following Portsmouth retailers:
Visit www.seacoastbeachinfo.com for all of your New England Seacoast Information.